Saturday, November 29, 2008

What a long fun trip it's been











So today is our last day in Iowa. We head back home this evening.




It's been quite a whirlwind of a trip. I met 4 great aunts (Marge, Mary, Martie and Fran), 4 great uncles (Paul, Jim, Joe and Frank), 2 great grandmas (Evelyn and Barb), a great grandpa (Dean), 4 2nd cousins (Anna, Ginny, Brian, and Mike) and a 3rd cousin (Mikey). Pretty impressive that I remember everyone's names.




I witnessed Gramps whipping up an amazing Thanksgiving feast. I saw Nana and Mom make a couple pies and what looked like some tasty brownies. I read what seemed to be about 30 books this trip. (Trying to keep up with mom's speedy reading ability). I took multiple bottles from multiple different people. I had 8 nights of long sleeps (the last two nights were 10 hours and 9 1/2 hours respectively). I took multiple long daytime naps. I spent hours upon hours smiling and laughing with my family. Overall, it's been a lovely, successful and fun trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to meet you, Finn. You are a cutie! We will be thinking of your mom tomorrow as she goes back to work. She will miss you very much.
Love, Marty, Joe, Anna