Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mel's voice: Back to work

So, I started back at work yesterday. And after two full days of work, I am feeling pretty good. Though it was lovely to have 3 full months to spend with the little man, it feels really natural to be back at work, answering phones, fixing copy machines, answering emails, working through excel spreadsheets and ordering office supplies. I have been welcomed back enthusiastically by all my bratty salespeople, my admin counterpart, my awesome boss, and all of the delivery people (except for that Corporate Express guy who hates me because I shouted at him for almost breaking the front door). It is lovely to come home to a beautiful smiling baby boy who behaved for dad on Monday (except for his blowout poo which leaked onto dad) and treated his Granny Grace pretty well on Tuesday with multiple naps, 3 full bottle feedings and a blowout poo right before mom got home.

I didn't think it would be so easy to transition back to work, but it really has been. Thanks to my generous mom for taking such good care of him today. Thanks to my superb husband for staying home from work Monday to play with his little boy while I braved my first day back. Thanks so my lovely, well behaved, cuddly boy for being understanding in my need to be a working mom.

No comments: