We had a challenging night last night. Finn did not want to go to sleep. When he awoke at 3:30 for his feeding, he was wide wide awake and wanting to be jostled around. Needless to say, mom and dad are exhausted and don't have the energy to play at 4:30 in the morning. I spent an hour and a half trying to get him to go to sleep. I finally got him to sleep in the lovely swing that our neighbors gave us. Finn fell right to sleep. I was having anxiety that he would fall out because he was not adequately snapped in (swaddled babies can't easily be seatbelted in), so I slept on the floor under the swing. I find that I can sleep in the most odd places now because of this baby. I've slept a couple nights on the carpet in our bedroom just to be near him. It's odd.
Anyways, he fed really well this morning and wanted to cuddle. He fell right to sleep right after his 9:10 feeding and nuzzled up to my neck. About an hour later, I still did not move for fear of waking him, but nature calls and I had to put him by himself on the couch. He woke up about 10 minutes later realizing that I had deserted him. I picked him up immediately thinking that he wanted to wake up and play and as soon as I snuggled him, he fell right back to sleep. It is adorable and also kinda terrifying to be so needed by someone. I love him and am so happy to take on that role, but I have never been in this position before. It's a lot of responsibility and I hope that I can do my best to make sure that he always feels loved and coddled. Oh, got I love his snuggles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment