Monday, June 15, 2009

Mel's voice: Family Walk



Tonight, Jesse dragged my lazy butt out for a walk. We strolled Finners down to the park. Had him take a hilarous ride on the swing. He cackled the whole time until I took him out of the swing. As we were leaving the park, a young guy stopped us and asked us how old we were. I proudly told him that I was 31. He proceeded to ask Jesse the same question and ask us questions about Finn. Turns out that his girlfriend had just found out that she was pregnant and they were nervous about the prospect of being parents.
I am the not the right person to ask about this kind of stuff because I have selective memory and only remember the blissful and wonderful things of parenthood. The poor guy looked at me with disbelief as I raved and raved about the joys of parenthood and then looked to Jesse to give the true account. We both told them about our experience. It made me kinda happy to have been a part of their happy (nervous) day. I just keep trying to remember my reaction to that pregnancy test about a year and a half ago. See the blissful photos above on the night we figured out that we were preggers.
It was kismet. We were supposed to go on that walk and convince those young folks that they were in for the ride of their life but it would be all worth it. So sweet.

2 comments:

aimee said...

um... so, i kinda freaked when i saw the photo - thought you were pregnant again!

cute story... marc and i planned our pregnancy but, i TOTALLY freaked when we found out... we were never going to be ready, but, it has been an awesome experience!

Suzanne Kelsey said...

Such a sweet story! Your and Jesse's enthusiasm and Finn's cackle were surely all that guy needed!