1) I resolve to blog more about my boy starting now. He's saying cool words like clock and truck. He can bark like a dog, roar like a lion, hiss like a snake, quack like a duck, and simulate strangely real sounding elephant sound that Jesse is so fabulous at performing. He is pretty darn good at differentiating colors. He occasionally will give us kisses if we beg for them and hugs if he is not too distracted by some fun toy. And apparently he is a champion sleeper and eater in Iowa, trying pork, tater tots, grilled cheese and munching up oatmeal squares. I plan to invest in the company that makes oatmeal squares because my 16 month old eats enough to warrant the investment.
2) I resolve to write more down in my Finn Journal. At about 7 months, I just couldn't find the time to do it anymore. I will find the time now and make up for the 9 months where I slacked. Finn deserves it.
3) I resolve to take more non-cell phone camera pictures of Finn. The first couple months we took a couple pictures a day, now we take a couple pictures a month. I would love to present his future wife or husband (whichever he prefers) a embarassingly large collection of beautiful Finn baby photos someday.
4) I resolve to find more people to babysit Finn. His father really really deserves more date nights for so many reasons. Jesse, you cut down your work week and cut down your pay to spend an extra day with our little guy. I know it's fun to be with him on that day, but it also can be really hard work (do you see how my maternity leave really wasn't a vacation?). I commend you and give you evil eyes at the same time, from my pride and envy. Jesse, you cook 95% of our meals and most nights do the dishes ( I can't help falling asleep every single time I put Finn to bed).
5) I resolve not to fall asleep every single time I put Finn to bed. I can't help it. He's so cute and cozy in his half side sleeping/half belly sleeping position with one arm smashed underneath his body and his cute heavy baby breathing.
6) I resolve not to buy more toys and clothing for Finn. He has too much ... too too too too much of it all. I curse you Ebay Toddler Boy Clothing Lots 18-24 months. I curse you cute Gap Preppy Argyle Sweater that Finn will grow out of in 3-6 months. (As I prepare to go outlet shopping with Finn's Grandmother, who buys him just as much clothing as I do. Not the new year yet!!)
7) I resolve to make that kid be a little bit more adventurous with food. Dude, I love carbs too but he can't JUST eat cheerios, cheezits and Trader Joe's popcorn for every meal of the day.
8) I resolve to teach Finn some more cool words. I hope he will be a please and thank you boy. I hope he will be an I love you Momma and I love you Poppa boy. I think he will probably be a more and mine boy, but I hope that is short lived and sweetly and quietly exclaimed.
9) I resolve to attack them with love, hugs and kisses when I see Finn and Jesse tomorrow afternoon after 5 1/2 days of being without them! Here I come snowy Iowa!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I resolve to email you the pictures I took when you guys were here. They're already on my computer...it's the actual attaching to an email part that seems to be aluding me.
Post a Comment